Wednesday, April 16, 2008

CATS HOLD SEDALIA TO ONE


The Wildcats held high flying Sedalia Smith Cotton to one goal after beating them in their opening tournament this season and then losing to them in a 6-2 mudfest on their horse pasture home field the following week. The deciding goal came with only 5 minutes left in the first half.

The game tested the full team as both sides worked on possession through the midfield while trying to crack a tough defensive unit. Sedalia tried to capitalize on a violent Wildcat tackle in the box when a penalty kick was awarded with less than five minutes left in the second half. Sara Clarke got a glove on the shot which was driven low to the left post, just enough to have it bounce back into the box for a rebound shot. The defense quickly stepped in and cleared the ball past the 18 yard line.

The Wildcat Varsity girls will travel to Sedalia this weekend for their Invitational Tourament. I don't have a clue who is invited to play there but I can guess that we won't be in the same bracket as Sedalia but would face them in the playoffs if we continue to play this well. That's my prediction anyway.

The JV girls preserved their undefeated season with a scoreless draw.

I didn't get many photos tonight but what I have will be up by the end of the day tomorrow. I've been trying to fill in with some photos of some girls that I haven't focused (pardon the pun) on much since the beginning of the season. I hope to have a good action photo of every girl on the team by years end.

No comments: